Friday, April 10, 2009

Pittsburgh Police Memorial Service

Yesterday evening, as Sarah and I were going to do some laundry, we got stuck in traffic that was stopped for the Memorial progression for the three police officers that were killed last weekend. There were police cars from all across the state, it was amazing to see how many people turned out for these fallen officers.

"An estimated 5,000 [officers] or more came to Pittsburgh for Thursday's memorial to slain city Officers Eric G. Kelly, Stephen J. Mayhle and Paul J. Sciullo II."

I have to be honest, as I sat there in the car, and watched all of these cops driving by behind the hearses, I got teary eyed. Part of it was because I let my mind go to far and started to worry about Sarah in the future. The other part of me was just so sad because those officers had kids and families. What a shame. It could have been prevented if that 911 dispatacher had just spoken up and said what seems so obviously should have been communicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment