Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Miss California

Accept my deep apologies for the lack of posts. I have been so busy for the past week or so, and I have just not had a second to spare. Anyway, moving on...

If you have not read about the Miss USA/Miss California controversy, you either have purposely stayed out of it our you live in a cave somewhere in Africa. While I do not agree with her belief in any way at all, (obviously, lol. If this is a surprise to you, then you have not read my blog) I do believe that all Americans are entitled to their own opinions and beliefs, as long as they remain their own. What I do not agree with is when they try to force them onto other unwilling people. I agree whole-heatedly with what Perez Hilton proposed as an alternative answer:

"I would have said, 'Hmm, Perez, that's a great question, that's a very hot topic in our country right now. And I think that's a question that each state should decide for themselves."
She says that she is proud of herself for standing up for what she believes in, which I understand in a round-about way. If you want to stand up for what you believe in, thats fine. Don't expect to be Miss USA, who represents ALL of the USA, not just the anti-gay christian community, if you are going to be openly prejudice and homophobic, especially with the most current goings on in same sex marriage news. I mean, seriously, did she consider her answer at all before she spoke. Has she read the news lately? Come one...Vermont, Iowa, Connecticut, New Hampshire...Read a newspaper honey. Not to mention that the judge asking her this question is a gay man. LoL.

No comments:

Post a Comment