Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Pittsburgh Police Killings

I have to say, as I am from Pittsburgh and also live there, and the fact that my girlfriend is going to school to become a police office and intends to join the Pittsburgh Police force, this article was incredibly hard to read. It was days before I could even bring myself to read anything about it at all. The fact that the 911 dispatcher had knowledge of the fact that there were definintly weapons at the scene, and decided that this knowledge was not pertinent, both infuriates me and deeply saddens me. The weapons that he had were not meager ones, if there is such a thing. One of them included an AK-47 assult rifle.

"The dispatcher, who has been on the job less than a year, is on paid administrative leave and is receiving counseling."


In my opinion, not much experience is needed to know that information, which the dispatcher was provided with, was absolutley something that needed to be communicated. Read the entire story here.

No comments:

Post a Comment